|Categories||Admin Jobs York, Job Vacancies York, Office Jobs York|
|Location||York, North Yorkshire|
We are looking for an experienced Travel Specialist to work within a passionate and dedicated reservations team, for a niche, award winning, tour operator in York.
Your role will involve creating and operating holidays for individuals and travel agents who are looking for tailor made holiday packages to visit amazing and unforgettable parts of the world.
With your experience of working within the Travel industry you will be able to use your customer service skills and product knowledge to create imaginative and inspiring, bespoke holidays. You will be able to communicate and work well with travel agents to understand and anticipate their own and their customers’ needs, be willing to go that extra mile to provide exceptional customer service and be able to thrive in a busy environment.
Your role will involve the following:
• Receiving quotations from both direct clients and travel agents. This can be in numerous formats e.g. email, telephone.
• Planning and preparing itineraries and using knowledge and experience to advise the most appropriate and cost effective quotation. This may include several requotes and/or options.
• Booking hotels, tours, flights etc as required to confirm quotations. Replacement services will need to be found as required.
• Maintenance of bookings, ensuring all client requests, supplier requests and general booking processes are adhered to with attention to detail and care.
• Participation in educational trips abroad to continue the growth and knowledge in our destinations and product. At times this may involve being tour leader. Upon returning from a trip, then ensuring satisfactory training and feedback from the trip, in various formats if required.
• Providing a high level of customer service and attention to our clients both Travel Agents and direct customers alike.
It is essential that you have a strong background within a travel agents or within the travel sector, in return this company can offer a warm, friendly and relaxed environment to work in, approachable managers and a stand out and unique customer offering.
To apply for the role of Travel/Reservations Specialist please click on the link ASAP